Mondays with Missy

This is gonna be a short post.  Just having some Monday evening musings.  As I was sitting at my 9 to 5 today trying to stay focused and not get the Monday blues, I thought about my cat, Missy.  For those of you who've listened to the show, I'm sure you're aware that Missy has plenty of tortitude and isn't a big fan of strangers and noisiness.  I wondered what it would be like to bring Missy to my job and have her sprawled atop my desk.  I could see her laying calmly at first, giving me that, "I hope you know I'm doing you a favor by being here" kind of look that she'd give me while she kept me company when I was bathing or exercising.  But then I brought myself back to reality because I knew all heck would break loose the first time another human being entered my cube other than myself.  I could see her hissing at them, jumping down to the floor, and running out into the office at large, in a frenzied panic--only to realize there are even more strangers beyond my cube and now she has to hiss her way to a safe spot that she can wedge her plump body into.  And then I would have to wait to until everyone had gone home for the day to coax her out and fight to get her pig-like body in her pet carrier so that I could listen to her pitiful cries for freedom, the whole ride home--not to mention, the excuse I'd have to give the higher ups for bringing her in the first place.  No thank you.  I will let Missy remain the diva she is at home or my mom's house.  And yes, it appears, I'm a liar.  This post wasn't as short as I claimed or thought it would be.  Go figure.  Good night fellow Missians.  Until next time.........

Comments