Our 20th Episode!!!

Happy Caturday, my Missy Followers!! 
     So great to be out in cyberspace with you all again.  D and I had another great show today (though I tend to say they're all great).  I learned a lot based on D's research about pet microchipping.  I'd always had some reservations about it (basically because of the idea of putting some foreign item in your pet's body--even if it is small), but after taking Missy to the vet a few weeks ago, I saw on a chart in the office, that the microchipping was fairly cheap.  Because of this, I did consider letting Missy get one. 
     After D's research, I have more information now to make an informed decision; because as I originally suspected, there are some cons involved (but that is true of anything).  I'm not saying that I wouldn't let Missy get one--because there are some great pros to it also--but I would really have to sit and weigh out each one.  Check out today's show in the archives to hear D talk about the pros and cons. 
     Also during the show, I got some clarification about the difference between the microchip and GPS collars.  I used to think they pretty much did the exact same thing--but not so.  The chip stores pet information and the GPS can allow you to identify the exact location of your pet either globally or within so many miles.  There is also a significant difference in cost between the chip and GPS devices.  Chip=cheap/GPS=not so much.  But still the GPS device has some pros that the chip does not.  I won't type all that up here.  You can go to our Facebook page and look at some of the posted links if you don't wanna listen to the show. 
     We had so much info, there was a lot we didn't get to cover.  Around the last five minutes of the show, we briefly talked about animal translation devices that will allegedly convert your animals' vocalizations to English (or other languages).  One company only makes devices to decipher dog and cat sounds, and another is an app that provides options for a larger array of animals.  I don't know if I really buy into literal interpretations of "animal-speak", but they're supposed to have some real science and research behind it.  If anything, it could make for great entertainment.  Some of the videos I watched demonstrating the app on different animals was extremely cute and funny. 
 **And let me just say:  I'm not an expert regarding anything with pet translators--just giving my opinion on it.  Anyone interested, check out the info for yourself and make your own verdict.  I think it's a cool idea: and who knows, they just might one day perfect it. To all the scientists and researchers out there for this technology--Rock on!!!
     Today was our 20th episode!! Woo-hoo!!  We've been on 19 weeks (we had a special Friday night episode and our normal Saturday episode one week), and still going strong.  At the time, I started the show, I wasn't sure whether I'd keep it going or not--but I'm certainly glad I have.  I enjoy sharing information with all our listeners and getting to work with someone who's like a sister each week.  Ok, I won't get any sappier.  Just wanted to once again say thanks for listening.  And don't forget to check out next week's episode:
"Elder Pet Care (Caring For Older Pets)" Saturday, July 26th at 5PM, CST.
www.blogtalkradio.com/shesatortie
www.facebook.com/missy.show44
www.twitter.com/missyshow

Comments