To All The Dogs I've Loved Before

Hello fellow Missians! 
     I decided to let today's post be the first of maybe two or three posts dedicated to the doggies.  I love all animals, but it's no secret I am a cat person at heart; however, I have owned a few dogs in my day also (though they were all outdoor pets).  In some ways I don't like saying I owned them.  I think it's better to say they were my pet companions or my furry babies.  So I wanted to take some time to pay homage to some special dogs that I had the privilege of knowing in my life. 
     This particular entry though, is dedicated to a dog that did not belong to me, but he was loved as though he was.  This goes out to my favorite furry boy, Boomer.  Boomer was brought into my life by my "sister".  I can still remember being at work one weekend some time either in the late 90's or right around 2000, and having my two friends (who are like sisters), come by to show me their new puppy.  He was the most adorable, chubby little ball of fur I'd ever seen.  He was the kind of puppy that immediately melted your heart when you laid eyes on him. 
     Over time Boomer grew up to be a very big boy.  So big, that he could affectionately pin you against the wall when he was saying hi, and you wouldn't be able to move (as his sharp claws scratched your stomach).  LOL.  My husband loves to talk about how Boomie (as we called him at home), would get mad if he wasn't paying him enough attention when he came over to visit.  When my hubby was holding a conversation with Boomer's mom, Boomer would start barking until he included him in the conversation too.  Boomer was not to be ignored!  And then there was the time my husband got to take Boomer out for a walk and to go potty, and Boomer led him on an adventure, taking extra special care just to find the right spot.  I would love to hear the stories about how much Boomer loved his nana and pops.  They all shared a very special bond and relationship, and many hilarious adventures that are too numerous to recount. 
     Even though I didn't make it over to see Boomer as often as I would have liked to, he will always hold a special place in my heart.  You left on my birthday in 2012.  But I understand God needed a doggie angel to help the other pets that will be coming to heaven, and to look out for us down here.  I love you, and I'll always have memories of you going crazy with the need to sniff and lick me until you'd had your fill; and then watching you calm down and not find me as interesting after you'd wet my hands, arms, legs, and clothing until they were thoroughly covered in dog spit.  Wish you were here, but you were needed to handle some special business upstairs.  Love you, Boomie!  Take care of Practical and Percy for me. 
Nitey nite from Missy's mom. . . . . .
PS--pic to be added of Boomer with his mommy's permission

Comments