Pet Heroics

Good morning, Missians!

With Saturday's show quickly approaching, I started thinking about the topic of pet heroics. Has your pet ever done anything heroic?  Hopefully none of you have found yourselves in a situation where your pet has had to "save" you.  About a month before I got Missy, I had an incident where my dryer started overheating.  At this time, my laundry room was on the outside of my house, so things could have gone really badly, really quickly if I hadn't gone back outside to check on things,  (and to think, I actually started to take a nap while the clothes were drying as I had many times in the past).  Thank goodness I decided against catching some z's that day.  When I noticed all the smoke, I immediately called the fire department.  My dryer was actually on its way to catching a full blown fire, but luckily help arrived in time to get everything under control. 

I often wonder if I'd had Missy at the time and she was a bigger sized cat, would she have tried to warn me?  Especially if I'd have decided to take that nap.  I'll never know the answer to that question (and I hope to never get to find out).  I do know that Missy always seemed to be able to tell when I wasn't feeling well.  Those times when I was lying around feeling miserable, Missy would always find her way to the bed and lie down beside me.  There were times, she'd even climb on my stomach and lie there awhile as if she was helping my body to get calm and settled.  So if you've wondered whether or not I believe pets have intuition, your question has been answered.  I do.

If anybody finds this topic interesting, be sure to listen to Saturday's show, "Heroic Pet Acts".  Some of you may have stories of your own, or just want to hear about the courage and bravery of other people's pets. Either way, we'd love for you to join us.  If you'd like to comment or share any of your stories, hit us up on Facebook, Twitter, or comment on this blog.

Until Saturday (unless I do a post tomorrow), have a Pet-tacular Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments