Animals Fight Back & Technical Difficulties

Happy Shoebox Sunday, Missians!

For those of you who don't follow us on Twitter, Shoebox Sunday is a 'happy Sunday' tweet I send out with a pic of Missy sitting in one my Nike shoeboxes.  I don't have it saved on this computer, but I will see if I can post it on here from my phone.  At any rate, I hope that everyone is having a great start to their Sunday morning so far.  I intended to post a blog entry after yesterday's show, but I got caught up sending out tweets, (so it didn't happen).

First off, to those of you who did listen to yesterday's episode, "Animals Fight Back", I just want to apologize for the technical difficulties we started experiencing.  My internet decided it wanted to go on the fritz right at show time yesterday.  We thought we weren't going to be able to go on, but we got things up and running at the last minute.  From that point, things were going fine until the we had about 10 or so minutes left in the show, and got disconnected all of a sudden.  I had to call D back and call back in to the show, only to still not be connected.  Thank goodness it worked the second time I called back!  So, sorry if you all heard dead air for about two or three minutes.  I haven't gone back and listened to the show myself, so I have no idea if the listeners heard a message saying we'd be right back or there was music playing or what.  Either way, we just wanna say we're sorry that happened, and appreciate you guys hanging in there with us.

Yesterday's show was fun, and doing the research on animals fighting back was interesting, to say the least.  We once again want to reiterate that we're not saying that anyone ever deserves to be hurt or killed by an animal, but there are some situations where people bring certain outcomes on themselves through harassment and teasing of animals; or by simply being in an animal's territory.  If you yank a cat's tail, you might get scratched; if you try to feed a wild bear by hand, you just might get grabbed and clawed; if you spray elk pee all over your clothing, you just may get your butt handed to you by a buck in a slapping match--we're just saying.............

Use common sense, people when you're dealing with animals, wild or domesticated.  Also be kind.  Don't tease and provoke animals.  And if you're going to hunt animals, remember you are in their territory and you're starting the 'fight', so to speak; so don't be surprised if you end up becoming the prey.  Just ask the dude who got shot by a fox.  Yes, you read that right.  No, I didn't make that up.  Check out the link on our Facebook page:  www.facebook.com/missy.show44

I guess that's all for now, Missians.  Be sure to check out next week's show, "Puppies Vs Kittens: Whose Team Are You On?"  This will be our pre-Superbowl show in honor of The Puppy and Kitten Bowls shown on Animal Planet and The Hallmark Channel, respectively, on Super Bowl Sunday.  We will be on, on our regular day of Saturday at 5pm Central.  I'll do another blog with the link to the show description as soon as I get it posted on Blogtalk.

Until then...................................
This is your host J, signing off.

Happy Shoebox Sunday!

Comments