Terrific Tortie Tuesdays

Happy Tuesday, Missians!

I just wanted to check in with you guys and see how things were going.  Sorry for the time change to Saturday's episode, and that D wasn't able to join us.  I also felt like I went off onto a rambling spree toward the end.  So, definitely sorry about that.  I'm so used to our format being a two person show, that I get thrown off sometimes when it's just me.  I hope you guys were able to come to your own conclusions regarding breeds of dogs who've gotten a bad rap.  I tried to present evidence from both sides.

It may have gotten muddled through my rambling, but my own conclusion regarding Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, and the like, is that you should just do your research before getting one.  It seems best if you can get one as a puppy, so it can be brought up with your family or other pets.  But also consider what traits or specialization each dog is bred for; and if you have the financial means, get the dog into some type of obedience training and get it socialized as early as possible, (if you're getting them as a puppy).  Also, only deal with reputable breeders, who are'nt just breeding animals for fighting or aggressive purposes.

Remember any dog has the potential to bite or be aggressive--not just certain breeds; so use caution when leaving babies or young children unattended with dogs of any kind.  Also keep any dog on a leash when walking him, and keep him fenced in if he's an outdoor dog.  At the end of the day, it seems to me a moderate view may be best.  Don't discriminate against a dog just because of its breed, but at the same time do your research to see if a particular breed would mix in well with your family dynamic.  Also look at dog attack statistics, but when possible, see if you can find out the circumstances.  When in doubt, don't get a dog you don't feel comfortable with bringing into your home.  That's what I was trying to say in the end, but I think I went a bit all over the place.  I hope you guys looked at the article links I posted on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
www.facebook.com/missy.show44  and www.twitter.com/missyshow

Remember The Missy Show won't have an episode this Saturday, but we'll return March 5th with an all new episode, ("Pet DNA Testing").  We will have a Featured Pet entry this week, but I may not do a Pet Trivia one, (not sure yet).  But at any rate, here's to wishing you a very Terrific Tortie Tuesday!

This is your host J,
signing off................................................

The most beautiful Tortie of them all....Missy

 
 
 

Comments