Rest in Peace, Babar

Happy Friday, Missians..........

Although it doesn't feel so happy right now.  Yesterday was a sad day for the world with the loss of Prince, and also the former female wrestler, Chyna.  But yesterday also brought sad news for our family with the loss of my niece's cat, Babar.

I got a frantic call from my niece around 7:30pm, saying that Babar had been hit by a car, trying to escape another neighborhood Tomcat that was chasing him.  Babar was an indoor cat, but he loved to go outside and play at any opportunity.  The minute the front door was open, he was ready to run out.

After my youngest niece said that Babar had been hit, my mom went outside and wrapped him up and brought him inside, (the driver drove off).  He was unresponsive, but they held on to hope that he could be saved if they could get him to an animal hospital in time.  Unfortunately he was already deceased on arrival.  My 17 year old niece is devastated, but she still managed to make it to school this morning.  Babar has already been buried, (near Bobbie--my mom's 20 year old tabby who passed last May), and my mom is thinking of having a little "service" for him tomorrow.

I'll still be doing The Missy Show episode, "Finding a Balance for Boars" at 10pm Central, but we'll dedicate the episode to Babar.  Please keep my niece and mom in your prayers, guys, and thanks for allowing me to share this with you.  I was hoping to have a more upbeat topic for today, but alas, no.

We love you Babar, and miss you a lot.

This is your host J,

signing off...................................

Babar chilling out

He's was such a pretty boy

 
 
 

Comments