Throw back Thursday

Happy Fursday, Missians!

This Thursday, I'm going to do something a little different.  Instead of the normal Featured Pet blog post, I'm going to put myself out there with a not so flattering picture of myself and Missy.  This is the only picture I have of us together that's so up close and personal, (I may have had a few others, but those are locked away in some old phone, never to be retrieved again).

Before I put forth my "throw back" photo, I just wanted to remind you guys to check out this Saturday's episode, "Uncommon Animal Companions," at 5pm Central.  We'll have one more episode on the 21st at a special time of 10pm Central, "Wild Animals as Pets:  Is it Worth the Risk?"  And then on May 28th, we'll take a break, and return on June 4th.

Okay, let me do the set up.  This selfie was taken in 2011 one evening after I'd gotten home from work.  Missy always had a routine of waiting for me by the door when I got home, and then I'd pick her up and bounce her in my arms while I would breathe short, rapid breaths through my nose, (and talk to her in my special high pitched cat voice).  We'd then proceed to walk to the bathroom mirror and look at ourselves as we did this.  Don't ask.  This was our thing.  She liked it, and she allowed me to hold her for about a full 20 seconds this way, (before having had enough and wanting to jump down).

On this particular day, I decided to forego the mirror and break out my phone for a selfie.  This was a simple hair day for me, and by far not my best picture; but it expresses a wacky moment shared by myself, and my furry life partner, Missy, (she'll always be that for me--no matter what).

Your host J, and your favorite feline, Missy







 
Hope you enjoyed this special Throw Back Fursday edition of Missy's Blog.  Hit us up tomorrow for another Pet Trivia Post.

Until then,

This is your host, J,
signing off..........................................

Comments