What I Love About Cats

Happy Sunday, Missians!

Thanks once again for checking out another in Christmas in July blog post from The Missy Show.  We only have a week of these left, and then I'll be going back to doing my usual 2-3 blog posts a week.  I don't know if we'll be doing anything unique in the month of August.  I'm still mulling that over. 

Of course, in October, we have our Pet Spooktacular celebration the whole month.  I might choose to just chill out and do "the norm" for August and September, but we'll see.  Either way, we always strive to bring you guys the best content possible.

As promised, today's post will be about my favorite animal in the whole world--from my perspective--cats.  This, my friends, is what I love about cats:

1.  I love cats' heads.  I love the Batman shape of them, and I love the way they feel when I pat them.

2.  I love the rotating ears on those cute heads.  I love the different directions cat can make their ears go in when they hear some strange or random noise.

3.  The "Meat Loaf Pose".  I absolutely love to see cats sitting in the meat loaf pose.  I'm in awe of just how flexible cats are.  I love the fact that they can fold their front legs under, that way.  It's cool to me, (I know, I'm weird).

4.  I love that they love empty boxes or shopping bags.  I adore seeing a cat hop over into an empty box--especially when the box is fairly small, but they seem to love that fact even more, and squeeze in anyway.

5.  I love the way they'll chill out at the foot of your bed in either the meat loaf pose or lying on their sides, with their front legs folded under and their back legs sleekly stretched out.

6.  I thoroughly get a laugh out of watching cats bathe.  I like to see them spread their toes and get in between each crevice and watching them raise one leg impossibly high in the air, while they "go to town" with their tongues to achieve the ultimate in clean.

7.  I love when they know you're about to walk through the room, and they hide and jump out at your ankles--and sometimes scare the crap out of you at just the right moment (for them).

8.  I love how they think wrapping presents and assembling the Christmas tree is a game.  It slows down both processes immensely to have them in the room with you, but you enjoy their presence just as much, and wouldn't dream of shutting them out, (well almost wouldn't)......

9.  I love the times when they'll let you hold them or tote them around.  Cats can be particular; so sometimes this isn't a possibility.  But when they do allow it, nothing could be better.

10.  I love the sound of their purring.  Gotta love "the motor".  Enough said.

11.  I love to watch them lick their lips after they've eaten a satisfying meal, (this can go on for a few minutes).

12.  I love to witness them giving themselves a bath after their satisfying meal.  I like to see them lick their front paw and then run it over their heads as though they're slicking back their hair.

13.  I love when they look all around the room, all paranoid, and take off running for seemingly no apparent reason.

14.  To reference reason number eight, I love it when you've gotten the tree decorated, and they decide to climb in the tree and swat at your hand each time you attempt to add an ornament, (sometimes if you have a particularly fat cat, the tree ends up hitting the floor--gotta love those moments).

15.  I love putting my nose up to a cat's nose, while they sniff my nose and mouth area inquisitively.

16.  I love when they whine because you've shut them out of the room, and you look down at the floor and see a lone paw coming under the door.

17.  I love when they stand behind you at the most inopportune times and you have no idea they're there, and they nearly make you tumble over them and break your neck, (on second thought, maybe I only like this one in theory).

18.  I like how they keep you company while you're exercising by lying in the way in the meat loaf pose, or in the aforementioned, "stretched out side pose".

19.  I love to see them eating on and rolling around in grass when you let them outside.

20.  I love the way they enjoy lying on your computer keyboard while you're trying to type, (like they just have to be a part of your writing process).

21.  There are hundreds of more reasons I could probably think of, but most of all, I love their unconditional love for us.  To me, they're the most perfect animal.  I love all animals, but cats are my absolute favorite.

If you're in the market for a pet companion, why not visit your local shelter and spend some time with a special kitty today?  (Or any animal of your choice).

Until tomorrow,

This is your host J,
signing off................................................

The famous "Meat Loaf Pose"
Oh, and their back legs are awesome, too!

Forgot to mention, I love their exposed belly hair!

Comments