The Cardinal: Friday Bird Trivia

Happy Free-style Frisky Friday, Missians!

Thanks for hitting us up again for another episode of Missy's Blog--your official place for all things Missy Show.  As promised, we have some pet trivia coming up for you in today's post.  Today's pet trivia post is dedicated to a special friend I "met" yesterday while sitting in my car at lunch.  Yesterday, I was out in my car with my windows down when I heard a bird singing super loud in one of the trees on the side of me.  I looked up and saw this pretty red cardinal.  I decided I wanted to try and get a picture of it, but before I could, it had flown to some other location, (though I could still hear it). 

I rolled up my windows and went on with my lunch, looking at YouTube videos, (about 30 minutes had passed).  Next thing I know, I hear a thump on my passenger side back window.  When I took a look, what do I see?  None other than the cardinal flying into my car window.  It would hit the window, then jump on the roof, then jump back down and hit the window again.  It did this about four times in a row, before it gave up and was like, "I guess I'm not getting in her car today". 

By the time I got out of my car to go back inside, the cardinal was back in another tree right near my car, just singing away.  And even when I came back outside for my evening break, who do I see?  You guessed it.  Mr. Cardinal.  And this was after I moved my car to a different spot to be closer to my building.  The cardinal was flying near my car again, and this time flew one time at the back window of my co-worker's car.  It was the most interesting experience.  My mom sent me something about cardinals being a good omen and indicating that an angel is near.  Even before she told me that, I took it as a positive sign and still do, (even though upon further research, I've found out this isn't uncommon behavior for the males).  So in honor of my little buddy.  Here's some cardinal trivia.

True or False:
Only male cardinals sport the bright, red plumage.

True or False:
Only female cardinals sing.

True or False:
It's illegal to have a cardinal as a pet.

How long can a cardinal live?

If you think you know the answers, check out tomorrow's Live Stream Missy Show Episode at 5pm Central, "Insect Politics: Should Insects Have the Same Rights as Animals".  We'll announce the answers then.

Until tomorrow,

This is your host J,
signing off.................

Comments