June Animal Holidays

Happy Tuesday, Missians!

I hope all of you had an awesome weekend.  I got to chill out and relax some; so it's all good.

Odd sidebar:  I was awoken the night before last, to the sound of birds singing at midnight; and one night last week, I noticed them singing at 1:05AM.  I've never in my life heard birds active that late at night, (or better yet, that early in the morning).  Usually the earliest I've ever heard birds start to come alive, is around maybe 5 or 5:30AM.  Okay, just thought I'd share that with you guys since it does have something to do with animals.  Have you all ever experienced anything like that?  If so, hit me up in the comments.

Alright.  Onto June Animal and Pet holidays.  These are your upcoming holidays for the month of June.  And don't forget we return with another Missy Show episode this Saturday at 5pm Central on Google Hangouts!

Pet Holidays:

June 4th:  Hug Your Cat Day
June 9th:  World Pet Memorial Day
June 21st:  National Dog Party Day
June 23rd:  Take Your Dog to Work Day

Animal Holidays:

June 8th:  International Day of Action for Elephants in Zoos
June 10th:  National Black Cow Day
June 14th:  World Sea Turtle Day
June 20th:  American Eagle Day

Special Weeks in June:

June 4th-10th:  Pet Appreciation Week
June 18th-24th:  Animal Right Awareness Week
June 19th-23rd:  Take Your Dog to Work Week
June 25th-July 12th:  Fish are Friends, Not Food Week

June is also:

Aquarium Month
Zoo and Aquarium Month
Adopt a Cat Month
Adopt a Shelter Cat Month
National Pet Preparedness Month
Social Pet-working Month

That's it for this post.  I'm already working on ideas for our 2nd annual Christmas in July event.
Check back this Fursday for our Featured Animal post.

Until then,

This is your host J,
signing off...
June 4th was Hug Your Cat Day, but you can hug your cat everyday!

Comments