Jumping for Joy: The Madness of Minigoats

Happy Freestyle Frisky Friday, Missians!

Thanks for stopping by to check out another installment of Missy's Blog.  In today's post, I ask you to descend with me into madness.  Not madness in the way you'd normally think--but insanity of a different kind.  The mini-goat kind.  You see, these little guys share a secret.  Besides the sheer secret of their existence, (because I'd really only seen mini horses), they possess another, even more dynamic secret.  They love to jump!  More specifically--they love to jump on people's heads and backs, (while the people do yoga).  What do you get when you mix jumping, mini goats, and people in painful-looking yoga poses?  One hell of an entertaining time, that's what.  Don't believe me?  Then you gotta see this for yourself:


Do you see these guys merrily jumping on people's backs like this is the most normal thing in the world?  Well, I guess it is to them.  It's insane--but it's the best kind of insane, (like how cats are obsessed with squeezing into boxes of any size, no matter how fat they are).  I love them for that!  And I love these goats' antics, just the same.  I want to be a part of this.  I want one of these little dudes on my back, or cozying up to my yoga mat.  Just don't pee on me.  I've read and watched videos where they pee on people's mats.  No.  No goat pee, please, (no poop either, come to think about it).

It seems that the majority of these guys are either Pygmy or Nigerian Dwarf Goats.  From what I can gander, this goat yoga thing actually originated in Oregon by a seemingly delightful lady by the name of Lainey Morse.  From there, it spread to other areas of the U.S. (as you can see from the above video).  Check out her story and how all this came about, here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/01/12/the-latest-from-oregon-yoga-with-goats/?utm_term=.d7ce15fd26fc

Now after witnessing and reading about the madness of mini-goats, are you ready to book your goat yoga session?  If so, you've got a lot of choices.  Here's Lainey's site to start.

https://goatyoga.net/

Don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for a session.  Maybe I'll see you there?


I'm a goat!









Comments