3 for 1: Christmas in July Style

Happy Mondo Missy Monday, Missians!

Thanks for checking out another Christmas in July post from The Missy Show.  I already know I've been being lax in getting these posts out on their scheduled days.  I've noticed that I'm experiencing that same technology/creativity burnout that I went through about this time last year, (not to mention, I planned poorly on Saturday, underestimating how much time it would take to clean the house and cook, for a back-to-school party for my nieces and nephew).  So, as I mentioned in one of my other posts, I'm going to take the month of August off again, and give my mind a break.

I need to get the creative juices flowing again; and the best way for me to do that, is to unplug for a minute, (or in this case--a month).  All of this brings me to how I'm handling today's Christmas in July post.  I decided to let this one be a 3 in 1.  I'm combining the last three elements of The Twelve Days of Christmas in one post:  Leaping, Piping, and Drumming.  So today's post will consist of the post that was supposed to be from Saturday, (Leaping Animals), the post that's for today, (Animal Pipes), and tomorrow's post, (Drumming Animals).  Then tomorrow, I'll do a regular brief post about my hiatus and what to expect.  Okay?  Then let's get going!

Leaping Animals

Other than frogs, have you ever wondered which animals leap?

Here's list of other leaping animals (some of these may surprise you):

Lemurs
Rabbits
Kangaroos
Kangaroo Rats
Grasshoppers
Jumping Spiders
Jumping Vipers
Gazelles
Salmon
Lions
Tigers
Puma
Mackerel Shark
Humpbacked Whales
Orcas
Flying Fish
Flying Squirrels

Animal Pipes
Who knew that "Animal Pipes" were a thing?  There's a market out there for people who smoke pipes, and want their pipes to be in the shape of animal.  Okay... Below are some of the pictures of these on Etsy.  They also sell them on many other websites.  Do you think these are cool?  And would you buy one, (for those out there who may smoke pipes)?  The pig shaped one is cool.  I'd just have them for decoration.

https://www.etsy.com/market/animal_pipe 

https://www.amazon.com/animal-pipes/s?page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aanimal%20pipes 





Lastly, we have the subject of animals drumming.  I guess since most animals don't have opposable thumbs, I couldn't have expected to find much on the subject of animals playing drums.  But don't worry, I found the next best thing--Animal from the Muppets!  A lot of my younger readers may not know who Animal is, but for my more mature audience members, you remember Animal as being the red, crazy acting, drum playing "monster" from The Muppets, (was he supposed to be a monster?  I don't know what he was--but he could get down on some drums).

Here's a picture of Animal on drums:

For those who are curious, here is more info on Animal:

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Animal 

Well, that's it for the 2018 edition of Missy Show's Christmas in July.  I hope you all enjoyed it, despite my scheduling issues and brain fog.  Check out tomorrow's post that explains more about my upcoming hiatus, and when you can expect us back.  Until then:

This is your host J,
signing off...






Comments