How They Became Halloween Animals (Plus November Pet and Animal Holidays)

Happy Friday night, Missians!



Okay, this will be a short one.

First off, I hope you guys had a happy and safe Halloween.  I apologize for not getting the last October Pet Spooktacular post out yesterday.  I had some family stuff come up I needed to tend to and then got caught up in all the Halloween festivities at my house.

Since October is gone, I won't do a whole post on what I intended to yesterday (which was "How Did They Become Halloween Animals), but I'll still post the link below so you can read the article on how certain animals became associated with Halloween, for yourselves:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2016/10/cats-rats-bats-Halloween-animal-history/

Okay, on to the next thing...

I don't have my November blog post schedule all the way ready yet, so I'll be posting that somewhere between Sunday and Wednesday.  As far a Missy Show episode goes, I won't be having one tomorrow as I normally do on Saturdays.  I think November will be a bit more experimental, (we might be having some posts on weekdays this time around).   So, I'll likely have one ready to go for you guys Tuesday or Wednesday night.  I'll announce it and the other scheduled shows when I announce the November blog post schedule.

Okay, now on to your November Pet and Animal Holidays.  As always our holidays are provided courtesy of Holidays and Observances.com.

http://www.holidays-and-observances.com/pet-holidays.html

November Pet Holidays:
By the Month: 
  • Adopt a Senior Pet Month
  • National Pet Awareness Month
  • National Senior Pet Month
  • Pet Cancer Awareness Month
  • Pet Diabetes Month
By the Week: 
  • National Animal Shelter and Rescue Appreciation Week - November 3-9, 2019 
By the Day: 
  • National Cook for Your Pets Day - November 1
  • National Black Cat Day - November 17
  • Humane Society Anniversary Day - November 22

November Animal Holidays:
By the Month: 
  • Adopt a Turkey Month
  • Manatee Awareness Month
By the Week: 
  • National Animal Shelter and Rescue Appreciation Week - November 3-9, 2019 
By the Day: 
  • Bison Day - November 2, 2019 
  • Jellyfish Day - November 3
  • National Hug a Bear Day - November 7 (...a Stuffed Bear!)
  • American Frog Day - November 10
  • AFRMA Fancy Rat & Mouse Day - November 12

That's it for now, Missians!  I'll be back with show and blog post updates soon!  

Until then, 
Have a great weekend!

Comments