The Shadow People: Our 1st Monster of March

Happy Mondo Missy Monday!

And Happy start to our Monsters of March celebration!  (I'm actually sitting here typing this at 5:21 pm on Sunday--even though I swore to myself that I wouldn't still be researching about this subject as it's approaching night time); because I definitely don't want this blog post subject to be looming on my mind as I lay in bed tonight.

And what subject might I be talking about, you ask?

Well today's "Monster" of March is the Shadow Being, (also know as a Shadow Person or the Hat Man by some).  In a past Missy Show episode, D and I had special guest Ms. Evelyn, the Cat Whisperer on, and she was discussing some of her own experiences with seeing shadow people shuffling around her bed at night as a child.  You can check out that episode, here:

https://www.blogtalkradio.com/shesatortie/2014/10/11/creepy-animal-stories-the-supernatural-creatures-episode



Before I go any further, I guess I shouldn't assume that everyone has heard of a shadow person.  So, for those of you who haven't, let me first define what one is, (or allegedly is).  People describe shadow people as being dark, shadow-like figures of varying heights and forms that are sometimes seen from the corners of one's eye or head on.  Some of these beings are described as being humanoid in shape, and some are more amorphous.  Most are described as quite tall, while others are more child-like in height.  There are even versions where the shadow figure appears to be wearing a hat and trench coat.  In these instances, it is known as The Hat Man.

Most people describe a feeling of dread when witnessing these figures.  There are people who even say they've felt that the shadow being intended harm toward them or wanted them to be frightened.  Some of these occurrences take place while the witness is lying in bed, and they report all of a sudden feeling a presence in the room with them; but there are also many instances where people are in other areas of their homes, or not at home at all, (some occurrences even happen outside).

I know as a child, I used to hear my grandmother and other family members discuss seeing moving shadow figures at times; and I, myself would at times see a child-sized shadow against my bedroom wall at night.  Luckily for me, the shadow I saw never moved, and for some reason appeared as just a silhouette of a head, neck, and shoulders.  I never saw the remainder of a torso, arms, or legs.  Don't get me wrong, that was scary enough, in itself, but I'm just thankful that it wasn't moving around the room, (and also thankful that I slept in the bed with my mom during that time)!  Every time I would point it out to my mother, she could never see it.  I remember she would always get up and turn the light on, and it would disappear.  What I can't remember is when she would cut the light back off, if I'd see it again.  All I know is that I was super glad it just stayed in that one spot, but was even more glad when I didn't see it anymore altogether.

According to pararational.com, there are 4 types of Shadow People:




Human Shaped Shadow People

These make up the bulk of the Shadow People sightings, and include the typical cloaked figure and shadow people wearing hats.  These can come in a variety of combinations.  Obviously what these shadow people are is pure speculation at this point in time.
The persistent shadow people of the lurking variety don’t generally seem to be purely evil in intent, and almost seem more interested in us or at least in feeding off our energy.  Others are simply negative manifestations of spirits. Almost universally though, they are a sign of something negative.

Black Mass Shadow People

Less human in form, but still of that general size and the black mass type of shadow people give the impression of being a human figure but more fuzzy or blurred.  They can change in shape, forming more of a cloud, but the impression is always that an entity it there.
It is my assertion that many of these black mass Shadow People are former negative spirits that have begun growing in power and are losing their human identity.  As they absorb more and more negative emotion their sense of being human and who they are fades and becomes distorted. In the end, the become a form of the following type of shadow people, demonic.

Demonic Shadow People With Red Eyes

Definitely the most dangerous of the types of Shadow People, demonic shadows should be avoided at all costs.  Among Shadow People, these are one of the few types that you can sometimes see the eyes of.  Many accounts of them talk of glowing red eyes, which is a particularly bad sign.
Demonic forms vary widely, but usually retain a humanoid shape, but are often exaggerated in height, have wings or horns or elongated fingers. They do not give the impression of being a normal ghost or a sentient entity.

Other Forms Of Shadow People

There are yet more forms that fall into the Shadow People categories.  One that is more common is the Old Hag shadow person.  Other less common reports are of shadow people that are non-human, but seem more alien than demonic in nature.  Of course there are also other shadow entities, such as dogs.
In fact, there is likely a class of shadow people that actually are aliens, but simply present to us a shadowy forms as they interact with us.
This article also goes into some of the potential motivations of the Shadow People:
 Lurking Shadow People
Generally found in homes and very often around bedrooms, the classic shadow people tend to be lurking.  They will stand in doorways or corners and just watch their victims. These types of shadow entities don’t generally seem to have any intent, they are just there observing.  Sometimes they will wander a location, following people, or stalking them. Quite often they flee at being noticed, vanishing around corners or simply by going through a solid wall.
Typically these are the classic human shaped shadows, sometimes with a hat and often times with a cloak or large coat. Less common is a vague figure, more like a human with a cloth over them sort of shape.
Encounters with this class of shadow people typically install a sense of dread or foreboding. Whether this is just part of our instinctive reaction to seeing something dark in the night, or if they actually exude a sense of fear around them is open for debate. Some seem to just be observing us with unspoken intent.
This class of Shadow People seem primarily to be attached to an individual and have been known to follow people from one location to the next.
Caution should be used though with any of these entities, as a neutral in intent shadow person may actually be a hostile one waiting for an opening.

The lurking type of Shadow Person seems to be the most common one that I've heard of, and was also the kind Ms. Evelyn discussed on our show.  This was the kind I mainly heard my family members talk about as well.  The article goes on to discuss four other motivations of shadow people that fall under the following categories: (haunting shadow figures, shadow figures as omens, visitors and transient shadow people, and dangerous or aggressive shadow people).
To read more in depth about the four other motivations and how to protect yourself from these beings if you feel threatened or fearful, please read the rest of the article here:
4 Types of Shadow People: What They Are-And What They Want
Okay, that's it for now people.  I'm going to end "today's" post right here before it gets any later.  I've gotta have time to go watch something funny on TV to clear my mind.  LOL.  But I'll be back next Monday with another Monsters of March post for you.  
Until then,
Here's to wishing you all sweet dreams...
PS:  If you have any shadow people stories you'd like to share, feel free to do so in the comments.  Who knows? We might go more in depth for October Pet Spooktacular if you guys would like that.  You can also feel free to share in our Missy Show Facebook group as well! 
This is your host, J,
signing off...




Comments