Passion for Pups: A Hound Dog Story

Happy Sunday, Missians!

Hope you all are having an awesome Sunday, so far.  I may as well change the second day of Christmas in July from Saturdays to Sundays because it appears I'm doing a sucky job of getting these out on Saturdays.  This is my second Saturday in a row of being off-schedule. So, I think I'll do this:

I'll just say that I'll be posting a Christmas in July post twice a week:  I intend to keep Tuesdays (but reserve the right for that to turn into a Wednesday), and just say that the second day will now be Sundays, (unless I'm organized enough to have my stuff together on Saturdays).  Okay, so Saturdays or Sundays, you'll get a post; and Tuesdays and Wednesdays...

Now on to today's Christmas in July Pet.  For now we're off of the kitties, and are placing our focus on pups, (don't worry, the kitties will return). To kick off today's pup is our featured dog, the Hound.  Our Hound Dog info is courtesy of Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hound



Hound

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search
hound is a type of hunting dog used by hunters to track or chase prey.
Description
Hounds can be contrasted with gundogs, that assist hunters by identifying the location of prey and/or recovering shot quarry. The hound breeds were the first hunting dogs. They have either a powerful sense of smell or great speed, or both.[3]
There are three types of hound, with several breeds within each type:
  • Sighthounds (also called gazehounds), that follow prey predominantly by speed, keeping it in sight. These dogs are fast and assist hunters in catching gamefoxharedeer and elk.[4]
  • Scenthounds, that follow prey or others (like missing people) by tracking its scent. These dogs have endurance but are not fast runners.[5]
  • The remaining breeds of hound follow their prey using both sight and scent; they are difficult to classify as they are neither sighthound nor scenthound.

List of hound breeds

Abbreviations


That's it for now, Missians!  I'll see you all back here on Tuesday for our next Christmas in July pet!














Comments