Spirit of Roo

 Happy Mondo Missy Monday, pet lovers!

Welcome to another installment of our October Pet Spooktacular posts.  Thanks to all of you who tuned in this past Saturday for our first Pet Spooktacular podcast episode of the year.  Once again, I want to apologize for the technical difficulties we had with our first recording.  I'm not really sure how part of that episode got muted.  For those who haven't listened, we re-recorded the episode and didn't use the first one at all--so, sorry if the second one sounds a bit rushed and frenetic.  Special shout-out to my niece Jordyn for doing such a great job as my co-host.  She'll be back again to help me this Saturday.

Okay, so now onto today's post.  It's named after today's story, "Spirit of Roo" from yourghoststories.com.

https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=26676 

Spirit Of Roo

 

Iwas about eighteen and we had recently moved to Boston Massachusetts. I was stressed out about it, I didn't want move to a larger city. There were more people than I was used to making it crowded and somewhat suffocating at times. To cope I clung to my Cat Roo. We called him that because He stood on his back feet, like a kangaroo.

I had Roo for along time and we were super close. Sometimes I could tell what he was thinking without him meowing, and when he felt I was down he would cuddle close and make me feel better. Sadly six months later Roo passed on. I was devastated and inconsolable for weeks.

I tried to move on, I worked a lot. My folks thought that I should pick out another cat. "It would take my mind off of Roo," they said. But I couldn't bring myself to do so. Roo was special and nothing could replace him.

One night about a month later I was having a bad time, I couldn't stop crying.

I felt a soft cuddle against my cheek causing me to sit straight up in bed. I heard a soft meow, followed by purring. I felt a hard rub against my shoulder.

I felt relaxed and comforted by this. I was not afraid. Then I saw a shadow of a cat walking across the baseboard of my room.

I knew it had to be Roo, he's the only one that could make me feel that way. I fell asleep and dreamed of him sleeping on the bed. I could swear I heard his soft purr in my ear too.

Roo has visited me lots of times after that, especially during stressful events. Whenever I hear a soft meow I look to see if he's walking around the baseboard. Just to let me know he's there for me.


My take on this one:

There's not really much to say.  There's nothing about this that seems unbelievable to me.  I fully believe that your pets can come back and visit you after they've crossed over to Rainbow Bridge.  Actually, when I first took Missy over to my mom's to live with her for a while after Missy started having major accidents at home, I could still feel her jumping on the foot of the bed and laying at my feet, and she was very much still alive and well!  

I don't know how to explain that.  I'm not sure if it was just me being so used to the feel of her doing that every night, or she was somehow astral projecting back home to still sleep with me that first night.  So if I could still feel her presence and she wasn't deceased, I certainly believe this person could feel their deceased cat coming back to comfort them.

Well, that's it for now.  I'll see you guys back here on Friday for our next Pet Spooktacular blog post.

Until then, this is your host J,

signing off...

Comments