In Memory of my co-host D

Happy Tuesday night, Missians!  And Happy 2021!

I know it's been quite a few months since I've come on here and said anything to you all.  It's been tough trying to figure out how to even say what I'm about to say.  I tried my best to carry on as normal in 2020, but unfortunately, we took a big blow here to our Missy Show family back in August.  It greatly saddens me to say that on August 1st 2020, I lost my beloved friend and co-host D, to pancreatic cancer.  It was devastating, to say the least. She was my best friend. And she had been with me since the inception of the Missy show back in March of 2014 (and we'd known each other since 1998).

She fell desperately ill back in June of 2019, and spent a good deal of that summer dealing with the pancreatic cancer diagnosis and the after-effects that went along with it.  She did eventually come home, but was too sick to continue doing the show.  I tried to continue on in spite of all this, and kept it going as best I could; but of course, however, it wasn't the same without her with me.  

Towards the end of 2019, she seemed to be doing better, and I was able to go and visit her at her home and spend a few hours with her. We had a blast, and I'll always cherish that time we got to share, (as it would be the last time I would physically see her alive). She was able to call and text me a bit more during November and December of 2019, and we maintained decent communication from there, until about May of 2020.

Unfortunately, the cancer spread and things began taking a turn for the worst in June of last year (one year after being diagnosed).  My last conversation with her was June 21, 2020.  Things went downhill from there, and my best buddy in the world died the morning of August 1, 2020.  Even typing that sentence seems surreal.  Like, it just can't be true.  Of course, her family and I were devastated.  For those of you who followed along with The Missy Show back in 2020, you already know that I attempted to keep rolling, (I even brought my niece on board for Pet Spooktacular to co-host with me).  I don't think I did a very good job of pulling it off, but I know D would've wanted to keep going as long as I chose to.

Me and D on my special day in 2003

What's so crazy is that D wasn't even originally supposed to be on any shows past the first one.  She was just supposed to be my wing-girl to help me get through the first show due to my nerves.  But she enjoyed our time so much, she ended up doing it with me every week (which delighted me to no end). She loved doing research for our pet and animal topics, and she adored our "fly by the seat of your pants" format, (we both did).  

I've always done the blog solo, but D was an integral part of our actual show on Blog Talk Radio, (and later YouTube).  I want you guys to always remember her laugh and her silliness, and the good times she and I had together on the show.  I want you all to know and remember how much she loved animals, and though I'm sad that she's gone, I'm glad she's back with her beloved Boomer, (her dog she lost back in 2012), and that she's no longer suffering.

With all that sad news said, I'm not certain about the future of The Missy Show.  With D's death, I haven't been quite so sure that I've wanted to continue; but at the same time, I don't want to just end it abruptly, either.  What I will say, is that I don't want to say all this, and then just be like, "Bye!"  I love this blog and the show too much.  They're my babies.  I've put too much into them.  And I also love you guys, and have always appreciated your support.  So, I ask for your patience as I try to figure things out.

I'm still going to do the Monsters of March series, May Mythical Beasts, Christmas in July, and October Pet Spooktacular.  That will have me putting out posts every other month, roughly. So in April, June, August, and September, I'll likely just put out the Pet Holiday posts (for now).  I'm not sure about November and December yet. On March 1st, I'll put out The Monsters of March schedule.  I'll also have a loose framework for how the rest of the year will flow.  I appreciate all of y'all's patience, as I work through this difficult time.  Just know that I still want to bring you guys the best quality posts and shows possible.

Thank you all for supporting D and I through the years.  She loved the show and you all just as much as I do.

Until Monday,

This is your host J, 

signing off...      


In loving memory of Del (better known as D)



 


Comments