Animal Days in a Nutshell

Happy Wildout Whiskers Wednesday, Missians--and Happy Audubon Day, National Help a Horse Day, and National Kids and Pets Day!

Sorry that I didn't get my two blog posts out to you guys last week.  I unfortunately didn't meet my goal, and just got one out, (International Bat Appreciation Day).  So to make it up to everyone, I'm going to be posting three entries this week.  Today's post is to go over this week's pet and animal holidays.  Tomorrow's will be a Featured Animal post, and Friday's will be a Pet Trivia blog entry.

So without further adieu, these are our Pet/Animal holidays for this week:

  • World Day for Animals in Laboratories - April 24
  • World Penguin Day - April 25
  • Audubon Day - April 26
  • National Help a Horse Day - April 26
  • International Guide Dog Day - April 26, 2017
  • National Kids and Pets Day - April 26
  • Free Feral Cat Spay Day - April 27
  • Hairball Awareness Day - April 28, 2017

  • All of these animal holidays are worthy of celebration, but I wanted to take a special moment to acknowledge the sacrifices made by the millions of animals in laboratories who give their lives each year for the betterment of humans.  Because of lab animals, we've had major advancements in the medical field which has tremendously helped humankind.  With that being said, I really don't like the idea of any animal being subjected to physical pain or death for any reason; but until better alternatives to animal experimentation for disease cures can be found, I would at least like to see an end to the unnecessary experiments done, (just so that people can wear cosmetics and perfumes, and other such unneeded testing). 

    I love makeup just as much as the next gal, but I don't want it put on rabbits or some other helpless animal, just so I can wear it.  I'd gladly put it down.  The world won't end.  Okay.  I've gotten off my soapbox.  I know.  I have a lot of those.

    On a lighter note, check out these links to connect and learn more about today's pet/animal holidays:

    In honor of Audubon Day, check out the website for The National Audubon Society:
    http://www.audubon.org/

    Help a Horse Day:
    https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/help-a-horse-day/

    National Kids and Pets Day:
    http://americanvethospital.com/2017/04/15/moorpark-ca-vet-kids-pets-day/

    Check back tomorrow for our Featured Fursday Animal.

    Until then,

    This is your host J,
    signing off...............................

    Happy Kids and Pets Day!


    Comments