December Pet and Animal Holidays

Happy Fursday, Missians!

And also Happy December.  Sorry I'm off to a late start again, (but at least not as late as it was in November).  I hope all of you are off to a great holiday season so far.  I was able to get my Christmas decorations pulled out on Black Friday, and pretty much had all my trees and indoor decorations put up in two days.  For those of you who decorate, I hope things are going smoothly for you, and that if you're not totally finished, hopefully you will be soon!

Since I didn't post any of the November Pet and Animal holidays, I wanted to make sure that I got out the December dates before we get too far along in the month.  Before I give you guys the list, however, I want to let you know that instead of doing a live show this Saturday, I'm going to let you guys hear an encore edition of our "All About Reindeer" episode from 2014.  I'll provide a link for you all on Saturday.  I'm also trying to search my Blog Talk Radio archives to see if we did a Christmas, Pet Safety show.  If we didn't do a show, I'm sure we did a blog post about it.  Either way, I will get that information out to you guys, because that's very important stuff.  Okay, on to our holidays.  Today's information is courtesy of Holidays and Observances.com:

http://www.holidays-and-observances.com/animal-holidays.html

December Animal Holidays:

Weeks: 
  • Christmas Bird Count Week - December 14, 2017 - January 5, 2018 (Every Dec. 14 - Jan. 5)
2017 Days: 
  • International Cheetah Day - December 4
  • World Wildlife Conservation Day - December 4
  • National Day of Animal Rights - December 10
  • National Day of the Horse - December 13
  • Monkey Day - December 14
  • Visit the Zoo Day - December 27

December Pet Holidays:

2017 Days:
  • National Mutt Day - December 2

Until Saturday, 

Here's to wishing everyone an awesome Fursday!  Stay warm...

This is your host J,
signing off...


Comments